Friday, October 24, 2008

A Dear Friend

I've been in shock since Tuesday when I found out about Brian. I can't imagine how his family is feeling, its so unreal. Brian was the best friend any one could ask for and I was lucky enough to have him as one of my best friends. I wish so much that we had kept in touch more after highschool...I have so many fun memories of him. I was able to track down a close friend of ours, Jr, and let him know and he is just as saddened by this. We all lived realy close to one another so were always at one of our houses staying up late and goofing off. My Dad would come down stairs and kick them both out and that would happen again as soon as they worked up the courage to come back! We were always together or on the phone, all my stand out senior year moments include them. We use to have fun taking our younger siblings sledding at woods ranch....I could go on and on. Anyway, Jr and I talked about how sometimes it takes something like this to make us realize how lucky we are for the friends we have. That is so true, and just because we don't talk all the time or haven't talked for years...they are still apart of us and who we are. Hopefully we can learn from this and let our family and friends know how much we love them. My heart and prayers are with Brian's family right now, especially his wife and 2 boys.

Our beloved Brian returned to the arms of his Heavenly Father on October 21, 2008, unexpectedly during the infamous Barney family deer camp. Although Brian lived most of his life in Phoenix, AZ, he was born in Panguitch, UT on October 19, 1981. Brian attended school in both Phoenix and Cedar City excelling in academics and athletics. He especially enjoyed playing and coaching soccer. He served an LDS mission in Lima, Peru where he was dedicated to serving others and spreading the gospel.
He met the love of his life Caytlin Rochelle Staples Fink and married in the Manti Temple where they were sealed for time and all eternity on May 28, 2004. Brian loved his small children Mason and Kenny and worked hard to provide them with the very best. They were his pride and joy.
He was happiest outdoors spending time hunting, camping, fishing, and riding his four wheeler and dirt bike with his kids and family. Brian had a generous heart. He was hard working and always put others before himself. He had a quick wit and a contagious laugh. He always made us smile and was a joy to be around. We love you Brian. You will be deeply missed.
Brian is survived by his wife Caytlin Staples Fink. His sons: Mason Brian Fink (3) and Kenneth Gordon Fink (6 Months). Mother and father: Dan and Louise Fink. Brothers and sisters: Danielle and (Jarrett) Roe, Brandon Fink, Clint and (Christie) Fink, Stephanie Fink, Becky Fink and Shelly Fink. Grandparents: Twyla Sue Fink, VerMon and Catherine Barney. Nieces and nephews: Sydney, Jocelyn, Ashley, and Emily Roe, Braden Loveland.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, October 25, 2008 at 10:00am at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints 1450 S. 800E. Orem, UT 84097. A visitation will be held Friday October 24, 2008 from 6-8pm and Saturday 9-9:45am before the funeral services at the same location. Interment: Panguitch City Cemetery at 4:00 p.m.
A memorial account has been set up at Zions Bank in the name of Brian Fink Memorial Donation.

1 comments:

Vickie and Ed said...

You are greatly missed Brian. I have experienced this saddness from one of my best friends and your dear sister and from my dear sister and one of your best friends. I hope you know how much you were and are loved by the two of them. I didn't get to know you too well but your greatness shines within these two. You have touched their lives in ways that you can't even imagine. By knowing them I know you. They will never let you be forgotten. I know that it's hard to deal with losing someone so close but God must have needed you for something extrodinary. Hill I love you and i'm here for you through it all. You're strong and I know that you can get through this. I love you so much. Brian, God be with you until we all meet again. -Brenna