Friday, October 24, 2008

Lake Powell Triathlon

I did my first triathlon last weekend in Lake Powell and it was awesome! I am an addict, I'm already trying to find my next one! I did the Sprint event, which is 1/2 mile swim.....12.5 mile cycling.....3.1 mile run. It was hard but not nearly as hard as I thought it would be! I had 3 goals going into it, finish the race, don't get last and don't stop on the run....and I did it! And to my surprise I ended up getting third in my age group!lol Over all I was the second woman in the swim and tenth with the men, which was funny because the men got a ten minute head start on the women! ha There were about 400 competitors and I got 72 over all....not to0 bad huh! I feel weird saying this but I am so proud of myself! The adrenalin was amazing, it just pushes you through the race and it stayed with me the rest of the day! I was just high all day! I didn't feel tired or soar....and then I woke up the next day and that all changed! I was the most soar on Monday and after that it was gone!

Training for the race was so much fun! I pulled Raife behind me on the bike and he loved it! The extra 20 pounds really helped in the race I'm sure! I also took him in his stroller when I went running....I say when because I only ran 3 times....I hate running! I tried to talk Brett into doing it with me but he wasn't sure about the swim so he was a volunteerinstead! He directed the bikers! He wishes now that he would have done it with me....so next time it will be both of us! You should seriously try it! Its a great fun way to stay in shape and keeps you motivated! It was amazing!




Raife after 2 of our bike ride training sessions!


My Mom took the race pictures and had a hard time taking action shots as you can see!lol Mom and Mara were great babysitters during the race!































9 comments:

Autumn said...

Way to go Hill! I'm proud of you. You inspire me. :)

Tina said...

WOW! That's about all I can say - WOW! You're amazing - way to go!

Jason & Karen said...

Seriously Hill you never fail to amaze me! Someday... I will talk you in to training me :) Congrats that must be an amazing feeling! You deserve it. Congrats.

The Bobergs' said...

Great Job Hill!!! That is quite an accomplishment! Love you cuz!!

Katie and Casey said...

Good job Hill! I am also training for the Lake Tahoe Triathlon next October. It's a full one (2.1 swim, 100 bike and 26.2 run) we'll see if my knee holds up. Just had another MRI and find out if I need another surgery. You look great...so jealous!

The Acosta's said...

You go girl! I will so do this with you next year!! Lets plan on it!!

Stacy said...

I love the pics! You are awesome! I would love to try one too. You've got me all motivated!!

Stacy said...

I love the pics! You are awesome! I would love to try one too. You've got me all motivated!!

Kason said...

Congrats!!! I remember you talking about it and being nervous. No need for that hu? Your an inspiration.